Recording by the Schola Cantorum of St. Peter the Apostle at Grace Lutheran Church in River Forest, Illinois. Directed by J. Michael Thompson
The Divine Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts is celebrated in Eastern Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches on Wednesdays and Fridays of the Great Fast, on certain feast days, and on the first three days of Great and Holy Week.
1. Pre-Service Hymn: "Having Suffered the Passion"
3. Psalm 103
4. Litany of Peace
5. Antiphonal Psalmody for Wednesday
6. Lamp-Lighting Psalms and Stichera for Great and Holy Wednesday
7. Hymn of the Evening
8. Prokeimenon I and Exodus Reading
9. Prokeimenon II and Job Reading
10. Solemn Evening Psalm
11. Prayer of St. Ephrem the Syrian
12. Gospel (St. Matthew 26: 5 -13)
13. Litany of Fervant Supplication
14. The Great Entrance: "Now the Powers of Heaven"
15. Angel of Peace Litany
16. Priestly Prayer and Our Father
17. Prayer over Bowed Heads
18. One is Holy
19. Communion Hymn and Psalm 33
20. Invitation to Communion
21. Hymn of Thanksgiving
22. Prayer of Thanksgiving
23. Ambon Prayer and "Blessed be the Name"
24. Blessing and Dismissal
Posted by John on 18th Jan 2016
I did't know what to expect, not having heard any part of this recording. I am very pleased with having made the purchase. This will be very helpful on my journey of learning to sing The Divine Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts.